PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 07:11
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by First_Principal
Jonzarno, I don't think you can assure such an outcome, rather you can point something out and hope that a person has sufficient integrity to take heed and do the right thing.

Anything else is really a hollow victory, and besides too much pointing out could reflect more badly upon the accuser than the accused don't you think?

FP.
FP

Please substitute the word "assured" with the word "achieved" in the question I asked.

To answer your latest point: provided that the "pointing out" is done in a reasoned and balanced way, I don't see that reflecting badly on the person doing the pointing out.

I do agree that some of the posts in this thread have been immoderate to say the least, and have not helped make the case because of that. That said, they clearly do reflect the strength of feeling that Ms Curtis-Taylor and her team have created as a result of their actions both in the way these flights were conducted and, just as importantly, in how the subsequent publicity has been handled.

As stated a few posts ago, the TCT PR team's strategy now seems to be a combination of managing her WIKI entry and her Facebook page whilst waiting for the storm to die down. Judging by the continuing reaction here, that may take a while yet.