PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 01:32
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
As far as I see it, no one is kicking someone who is down; down will be when the awards have all been TAKEN back. We have given her, and will continue to give her, a dignified escape route. GIVE them back and recover some integrity and respect.

The lack of proof from the BiaP side of things speaks volumes; if there was a misunderstanding then we would by now have seen the e-mails or letter copies sent to the papers asking to correct the SOLO headlines. We would have seen a copy of the Press Pack that all papers have clearly had as they all use the same language, clearly showing us that she never mentioned SOLO and that this is all brought about by imaginative journos jumping to conclusions. We would have video footage of her saying "I would just like to make it clear that I was not SOLO". The closest we get to this is the clarifications about the chase plane, but never any mention of Ewald other than "mentioning" him as an engineer.

Instead we have verifiable hard evidence that SOLO was being repeated at every opportunity, headlines left unchecked, articles written with verified quotes about being alone/solo/on ones own. Official documents being played down and stories about events that just don't stack up to the slightest scrutiny.

It is not too late, people have done far worse, come clean and had very successful careers moving on from what happens short-term. The outcome is fairly and squarely in her hands.

Until that happens we will continue to find facts and keep this in the spotlight.

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 4th Nov 2016 at 01:35. Reason: tense