PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin MPL 2017
Thread: Virgin MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 01:23
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could be wrong but i'll try help with the little knowledge that i do have ...

1 - You will become a second officer from what i've been told. You will then rise to first officer after a certain amount of time and experience. You will be on a reduced salary for 9 years, at which point you then get the regular year one FO contract/salary (despite having been an FO for a number of years prior).

2 - It will be very tough to get that info here unless someone has spoken to Virgin or an employee directly to gain such knowledge, even then you would be given a time frame that would be subject to a number of variables, like most things in aviation are. Though SFO isn't really a position you would want to aspire to, that is command. I was previously of the impression that you were FO - SFO then CPT. Apparently not is what I've learnt in my airline (and it would certainly appear to be other airlines too from other colleagues elsewhere). If you end up as an SFO there is generally a reason for it and it isn't a good one.

3 - By "all the other elements" I will presume you mean gaining command etc. I should think they wouldbe limited up till year 9 (or such is the current plan at least) if they are only giving you a year 1DE FO contract at that point. If you got your command in year 9 you wouldn't be receiving that contract I would imagine.

Hopefully that helps somewhat,