PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2016, 00:50
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How did T-C-T raise awareness of science and technology especially by flying an 1940's vintage biplane? As nice as the Stearman is, there is no way in this day and age that it can be described as an advertisement of science and technology.
Ooo, Ooo, Me! Me!.... 'Cause the Stearman was equipped with the latest navigational avionics?

This doesn't seem to be a bio of an evil person and while she may have later claimed something that has turned out to be untrue I'm not sure it necessitates the degree of vilification that appears here?
I've thought about this, it's a fair question. This thread can benefit from balance, and people reviewing the depth of their passion on this topic. Compared to TCT's FB page, there have been very few posters who present a position which can be seen to not be objection to her actions. It does not hurt us to think about the possible outcomes of our pursuing TCT.

Having thought about it, there are more than 100 pages of posts here, nearly all expressions of dis satisfaction with TCT's conduct in one way or another - since she had a reasonable awareness of the dis satisfaction, and opportunity to make it right. Her response has been mostly mildly evasive and blame shifting, with very little taking responsibility and actually making it right.

If TCT wants the vilification to stop, she has been well advised by many here, as to what it would take to achieve that. She could do it directly here, or employ her otherwise ample PR machine to set things right.