PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2016, 22:46
First_Principal

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Remember the human

While, like many, I've read most of the posts here over time I have wondered latterly whether there's been a little too much of an intense witch-trial that's going on.

While it would seem on the face of it that some irrregularities have occurred, deception even, I think it behoves us to remember that this is a real person you're discussing. Someone who may be guilty of puffery, but is perhaps otherwise a decent person who has also done [good] things - as claimed - in aviation.

Those who don't take the time to follow noflynomore's links might want to read this from the rnzaf.proboards site:

For those who frequented NZ Warbirds in the 1990's, you would have met Tracey.A lovely person who was involved with the Harvard 78 syndicate and flew the aircraft on many occasions.I cant confirm ,but I believe Tracey also flew from Auckland Aero Club and may have been an instructor there. Always a very happy and delightful person to talk to.
This doesn't seem to be a bio of an evil person and while she may have later claimed something that has turned out to be untrue I'm not sure it necessitates the degree of vilification that appears here?

From my perspective - somewhat removed from many of yours - this thread looks to be more and more like a self-fueled holocaust gone awry. There is other life out there beyond PPRuNE, you've done a great job at exposing something that shouldn't have happened, but let's be the bigger people and not unnecessarily kick someone while they're down

I'm sure HCAP et al are now well aware of the issues and will do whatever they're going to do as they see fit. The repetition of these things isn't going to change much from here on in, and may border on Einstein's definition of insanity as I'm sure you all know- and yes I'm well aware of the double entendre

FP.