PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook Boeing & Airbus recruiting
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2016, 15:42
macdo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 330 trips.
Generally if you are 330 only you will fly about 650 hrs a year. Rosters are random with a bit of cut'n'paste repetition until leave or somesuch alters it.
My roster this summer has generally been bullet/2 off/ bullet or 1 clear day/ 3 off. I have had 2 trips this year with more than 1 day off downroute.
Its hard to 2nd guess what next year will be like as it is yet to be confirmed what trips the company a/c will be flying. By the look of it, we may be doing a lot more of the long distance stuff to SFO/LAX/LAS, plus the usual Carib trips.
It is certainly getting busier.
Re Mixed Fleet, currently if you are MAN based it is mostly long haul, LGW is much more MFF.
Re. Commands. Currently, due to expansion and failure rates, command prospects are the best they have been since 2003. Note the time that it has taken for things to turn around. If you join now there is a retirement bulge in 2-3 years which will create more opportunities. But, in this sector, the next downturn could be next year. I would put my mind to 8 years and if it comes earlier, more to the good. This isn't the right place for people with burning desires to command. But, the work is varied and interesting, the staff are good, flying standards are high. I wouldn't wish to work in any other sector.
The interview/sim is straightforward, try to get hold of some stuff on TCG company values. Unless it has changed from last year, the sim is a mixture of hand flying and automatics exercises/ approach and go around. They aren't out to trip you up.