PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 20:42
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The accident report tells us quite a bit:

Both logging same flight time (sorry I credited megan, but it was B.Fraser who spotted this), completely counters what TCT stated publicly recently.

In the aircraft information section TCT ticks she confirms that the aircraft has two seats, of which BOTH are “Flight Crew Seats.” Again this shows that her claim published most recently in The Times is incorrect.

Both TCT and Ewald listed as crew.

As noted by twothree TCT’s last medical was on 5th May 2015. I was not able to find any record of her having taken an FAA medical, so I assume that she renewed her EASA one. As she is over 50 any medical she had must therefore be an expired Class 2, which would only have been good to 4th or 5th May 2016, ie it expired before the accident flight. This is notable because her FAA licence is a “Foreign Based” one, and is only valid if the licence it is based on (her UK issued EASA PPL) is valid. This needs to be checked, but it may be the case that she had no medical and no licence when conducting the accident flight. (Her PPL dropping down to a LAPL is irrelevant – she may only fly an N in the USA if her EASA PPL (not LAPL) is valid).

Surely not AGAIN??