PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 13:58
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
October traffic / rolling figures / ain't no stopping SQ
When the polls close at midnight I predict an impressive set of figures (pax and ATMs) for MAN this October. Both sets of figures have been in double-digits for most of the month, and this last weekend saw over 20% year on year growth for Friday alone. I can't think of any unusual seasonal factors this year, or misaligned school holidays, so I think we are just seeing a continuing strong trend. Despite my caution last month I do think that the rolling 25M pax p.a. may well be reached when October's figures are published, or if not, very close.
Roverman, I was expecting something in the media by now had the magical 25m pax figure been reached. There were suggestions on another forum that a passenger on the first SQ to IAH might be selected to mark the milestone. Have you any update?

Also, I think it was mentioned that the airport tend to use Terminal pax as the measure, and exclude transits. Although not very significant, they may make the difference as to whether 25m was achieved in Oct. or will fall into Nov.