PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Topgun
Thread: CX Topgun
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2016, 03:33
cantthinkofagoodone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Esteemed colleagues
please accept my apologies for generating such a heated discussion, this was not my intention.
To clarify the event , some facts.
CC had been withdrawn a few hours before this flight, and the union's advice is to offer support during disruption, in what I can only assume is an effort to show what can be achieved with Industrial Harmony, and provide weight to the value of having the troops onside.
Therefore with an e-mai from FOPs , a note under the door and an OCN I acknowledged as per the union's mandate.
I apologise if I misunderstood this.
I have never in my life worked a G day, have been a union member since Day 1 and have contributed the extra cash to the 49ers when I couldn't really afford to do so, so I can assure you if anyone doubts my allegiance to the HKAOA you are simply mistaken.
Regarding the 'War and Peace', This 'Diatribe' was not meant for publication and I was not aware it was going to be included in the newsletter.
It was expressly written for a mate who is about to start command training and asked for a comprehensive breakdown of the flight.
It was meant to be a positive learning experience for him so I hope he is not reading this thread and getting put off the concept of doing a professional job when required.
Gus subsequently asked for my thoughts on how the event was managed so I copied same to him with the note that "this is how to suck eggs 101" for everyone but for what its worth.....