PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu testing and interview
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2016, 21:45
TurboPropper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Crow
You may never hear back. ExPats go to the bottom of the list and if they can find a local, even if he is less qualified, the job goes to him.

If you are happy where you are, don't even think of this place. It's the bottom of the bottom concerning pay, schedules, training and general human treatment.

Keep in mind, anything HR tells you can be retracted at any time. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING they tell you. Lying is an art at CP and HR lies constantly.

Do not go there thinking you will go from the ATR to the Jets. Because of recruitment problems on the ATR most (expats) never get to leave it.

And speaking of upgrade, CP has a strange way of doing it.

First of all, upgrades are done by management. If they like you, you get to upgrade. There is no seniority. Also, if you are an ATR FO you are on a training bond (can be as high as $50,000US). Take an upgrade to ATR Capt and you will sign another training bond ($50,000) and be responsible for BOTH. And their training bonds equal indentured servitude.

There is also a reason you never see payscales posted on CP. Pay and benefits depend on who you are and vary wildly. Don't expect being an expat to get the same as a local.

And take lots of money if they offer you a job, you'll need it. Don't expect pay for about 6 months and you pay for everything including your work permit.
Sounds like an ideal place to be.......NOT.
Thanks for the heads up mate.
Havn't heard back from HR in 2 weeks and wondering if I've been put on the wrong pile.
Just to enlighten me, whats ballpark figure of FO starting salary? And do they increase rate annnually etc? I know it wont break the bank but Im a tad interested. The outfit Im with now isn't exactly showering us with benefits but it pays some of the bills.
Im a Filipino citizen so I think that may help my cause but if youre saying conditions are as they are....geez something to think about.
I take it you've been down this road before?
Thanks for the insight mate.