PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bone Domes
Thread: Bone Domes
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2016, 20:01
SlipSlider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the first two replies appeared, I was so p'd off by them that I decided to defer posting until I'd calmed down. Pleased to see that in the meantime others have posted their more measured views on those posts. Why someone like Bose-X feels the need to sneer at someone looking at taking basic safety measures in an ex-military trainer, is beyond me. Edited to add: it seems Bose-X has deleted the post I referred to.

At airpolice: it should be obvious that a military cockpit is unlikely to be as crashworthy as a "spamcan", and hence the military wear protective equipment.

Taken from the AAIB report of an ex-military tandem trainer crash that took the life of both on board; the back-seat passenger was a young colleague and a thoroughly good guy

The post mortem examination revealed that both occupants received fatal injuries as a direct result of the accident and that their chances of survival, the rear seat seat in particular, would have been greatly enhanced had .... head protection been worn.

Last edited by SlipSlider; 2nd Nov 2016 at 09:26. Reason: to reflect deletion of Bos-X's post