PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows to get new aircraft...
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2016, 18:13
Admin_Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact that the statement is lacking the whole story gives much cause for concern.

Were it "Red Arrows to get Hawk T2" in 2018 just in time for the RAF Centenary year I could believe it and await the public outcry from some about the plethora of things that would benefit from taxpayers money.

Todays statement is akin to throwing a brick in a pond. Govt now stand back and see how many ripples reach the shore based upon speculation to test the water and see if 'new aircraft' need to be downgraded to recycled aircraft such as Tucano - or the whole thing filed under "J for joke".

For sure MFTS/Ascent could be a stick in the spokes as politics presently play its hand with Grob Tutor deployments away from base and the need for ground support.

The more I think about it, the more I think today is a scoping exercise for public reaction. The Grannies & Spotters will love it; a huge swathe of society will begrudge it. It needs to be done and dusted well outside any potential election campaign for it is destined to be contentious.