PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cebu testing and interview
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2016, 13:22
Black Crow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Black Crow,

I see you're familiar with the ins and outs of CB Pilot Recruitment.
Mate how soon do they get back to you once you clear their "testing".

You see as I am based in the South Pacific, they sent me links online to do the testing so didnt need to travel.

Im sort of happy where I am flying RHS on a fleet of 50 seater Turboprops but put the hat in to see what CB are offering.

Your thoughts??
You may never hear back. ExPats go to the bottom of the list and if they can find a local, even if he is less qualified, the job goes to him.

If you are happy where you are, don't even think of this place. It's the bottom of the bottom concerning pay, schedules, training and general human treatment.

Keep in mind, anything HR tells you can be retracted at any time. DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING they tell you. Lying is an art at CP and HR lies constantly.

Do not go there thinking you will go from the ATR to the Jets. Because of recruitment problems on the ATR most (expats) never get to leave it.

And speaking of upgrade, CP has a strange way of doing it.

First of all, upgrades are done by management. If they like you, you get to upgrade. There is no seniority. Also, if you are an ATR FO you are on a training bond (can be as high as $50,000US). Take an upgrade to ATR Capt and you will sign another training bond ($50,000) and be responsible for BOTH. And their training bonds equal indentured servitude.

There is also a reason you never see payscales posted on CP. Pay and benefits depend on who you are and vary wildly. Don't expect being an expat to get the same as a local.

And take lots of money if they offer you a job, you'll need it. Don't expect pay for about 6 months and you pay for everything including your work permit.