PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2016, 23:21
GaijinFlyier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which path to follow until time comes?

Hi everybody.

First of all, thanks for all this hard work since 2005, giving us your time and experience putting lots of helpful information in this thread.

I’ll present here my situation and thoughts about paths to choose in my career in the future. I’m flying as a FO in Brazil right now on E190/5 (2000TT), with one of smallest jet salaries in the world. Here there aren’t lots of companies to choose. We have only 4 “majors” and the country is passing through a hard economic situation. My average is about 9k reais. Each dollar is about 3,20 nowadays, giving me astonishing USD 2,8k monthly . Per diem nearly 500 USD a month. To complete the scenario, the taxes in Brazil are one of the highest in the world, reducing even more the amount. Life quality is far behind US, Europe or Japan.

I’m in contact with Japanese culture since younger (that works a lot for me) and one of my goals in life is work and live in Japan. My initial plan was reach my flying hours to apply on the ME, earn a CPT position and get a chance in Japan after that, with some luck, get the retirement there.

Starting my research about Air Japan, I saw that I could reach the minimums in 2 years. But I was punched in the face about the residency situation, small chances to get in only with the minimums requirements and one of the newest case about a fellow Brazilian here in the thread that was kicked off because Brazil was “too far away” for this commuting contract.

I read in posts years ago about the possibility of visas in the future. What’s the situation nowadays about it and your thoughts about the future? It’s only me and my wife (half Japanese, sansei generation without the nationality, her grands were Japanese). She already lived in Japan during 2 years, working there.

Studying hard it’s not a problem for me, since it’s a will living there and I’m not afraid about 8-9 months eating the books. But about upgrades? If I leave Brazil, hardly I’ll get a chance of a Fast Track to become a CPT here. So it’s an one way ticket for good. In your opinion, Air Japan is a good option for upgrades nowadays? The pacific economic block (Japan, US, Canada, etc.) could give a good perspective for aviation in Japan?
Is there another companies that offer work visa, allowing to live in Japan? I read about Skymark here, but as CPT.

I read about how good was the contract in the beginning, but the situation years later became disappointing. Nowadays and yours perspectives about the future, do you recommend Air Japan or other Japanese company to have a decent work quality x living?

Any other advices about what to do and ways about get a life with my wife overseas in Japan will help a lot.

I’m really sorry about this size and the questions. But I’m trying to get more information as I can to not step wrong and blow out everything, losing years to reach this objective.

Thanks again for all your time and work here. It’s helping a lot to choose what to do next.

Fly safe