PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympus aviation or Egnatia aviation?
View Single Post
Old 31st Oct 2016, 10:46
Themax23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

I did a modular CPL-IR-ME course at Egnatia aviation beginning of this year and it was really great !

I can't comment on the way integrated training and their ATPL courses work but regarding the flying part the school is really great. Their aircraft are very modern and well maintained (on site maintenance), the school staff is very kind and helpful. The flight operations department handles your flight schedule and all your operational questions (flight plan, weather, notams, etc). The flights are well organised as you have a full training plan for your course with detailed information on the procedures and route for each flight.

Also, the city of Kavala is very nice and the accomodation is OK. I was staying with a car so I it was easier to go to the centre of city, go shopping or visit the region while not on schedule. Although if you have no car the school has a shuttle service to the ground school or airport at different times in the day.

Biggest downside : The Greek CAA ! I was told to convert my PPL to a Greek one so that I could be issued a Greek CPL, which I then convert back to a Belgian one. The advantage being in my case the CPL-IR-ME exam can be done in 1 flight. However, being issued the Greek CPL + converting my CPL back to Belgium took me 6 months !!!!! If you're VERY patient, it's ok