PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 21:57
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
I do hope for her sake that the pax flights were local sorties and not part of the "journey". Sorry to foist this one on you but watch the video linked here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwMFpbT9VT8

You don't have to watch all of it but listen carfully at 1:10 onwards. She utters the executive command "You have control" and Ian responds with "I have control". Fine if it was just a local sortie, not so fine if it was on one of the main legs.

As for the MM. I feel sorry for Tim Peake, I bet he is getting some right ribbing and banter in the Mess.
"Oi Peakey, I hear you have another medal; amazing what you can get these days just for forgetting to pack a hairdryer".

...and that is why the HCAP need to distance themselves from the "Braggart-in-a-biplane" - continued support undermines the worth of what is issued to those who deserve recognition. By distancing I mean taking direct and positive action, not skulking away hoping it will all blow over; it won't.

Given the evidence that has been presented and well researched, versus the fantasy dreamings of a modern-day Baron Munchausen. There are lots of similarities between TCT and BM, imaginative after-dinner speaking, and grandiose embellishments of unbelievable tales. However there is one subtle difference, Baron Munchausen's tales were satire designed to entertain and not to garner awards.