PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Wages
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 03:45
carrioke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andrew dima

Hi Andrew dima. The amount i posted is based on Purser position. that is roughly 5100 dhs basic. then roughly 4 or 5000 dhs on top of that depending on flying hours. When you also take into consideration that it is tax free and all accomodation ,furniture and bills are paid for by the company( in uk depending where you live, rent is roughly 400 pounds per month?, to furnish an apt with brand new stuff would also cost a fair bit, and bills 200 pounds a month or so:- so basically with emirates you dont have all these added costs so your salary is essentially for phone bills, food and drink, clothes and going out etc) Therefore you can save a lot of money if you so wished which you wouldnt be able to if you lived in the uk, hence why i guess my package is worth all in all around 31- 35,000 uk pounds.
In my first year i paid off all my uni debts and bought a house and one could definitely say I have active social life in dubai and dont stay in and count my dhs! So am very happy to have had this opportunity as i dont think I would be able to afford half the things if i worked for another airline. Hope this was some help and see you on the line when you arrive!!