PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FD distraction danger during Go Around
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 17:25
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not that simple.
One small trick that I do when I fly manually even with FD's, is to fly the pitch that I want, without over correcting for FD's. If FD's happen to match my pitch, that's fine. If not, I will not chase them unless, there is a big difference.
The pitch which you want is only a rough guide. You can move to that initially but if you are not going to centre the FD later it is simply inaccurate flying. FD guidance is very precise and accurate. You will never get to land in CAT II without that. Your PM will be a lost person not knowing whether the deviations are intentional or you lack the skill. If FDs are behaving then to maintain the profile speed/Alt or ROD you will have to centre the FDs and if you are not going to follow them for whatever reason you should switch them off.
First they should do a session of no-FD G/H
RAT5 you are not in touch with reality. They very much do. There are eight sessions before the AB type rating in which they mostly fly without FDs including departures and arrivals and approaches. There is no ATHR in that entire phase. Manufacturers have more qualified people who laid down procedures and every line pilot is not in a position to overrule them.