PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Perth - renting C152s/C172s
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2003, 03:20
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aw c'mon Sancho, you spoiled all our fun.
I was going to tell hime about the 4 hour horse an cart ride along the old stock track to get to the airport which has a single dirt runway and a controller under a beach umbrella waving coloured flags at the aircraft flying overhead. Also the great nightlife in a pub 3 hrs drive away where they play both kinds of music (Country and Western).

Seriously though Irishwingz. You can take a bus which I think maybe involves one change at a place called Garden City (Booragoon) or Murdoch interchanges. Their schedule is not all that frequent though to Jandakot Airport. Hire cars can be obtained for about 30 or 40 South Pacific Pesos (AU dollars) per day. Wait until you get here rather than book through an agent or over the internet as it will be cheaper. There is not much in the way of good pubs locally but you can stay in the chalets at the airport for a reasonable rate and if you have a hire car (which I strongly recommend if staying at the airport), you can easily get to Fremantle or the ciity and then get rumbled on the way home by the booze buses. Local pubs in the Canning Vale area are great for Bogan spotting and that's about all. There is a good cafe on the strip next to the control tower which is open for breakfsast but closes relatively early. Also an asian kitchen at the golf driving range a couple of hundred metres from the main entrance.