PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cockpit Security - Doors
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2001, 17:30
Dagger Dirk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu Chuckles

If you look at the credentials of the chap (Rainman) giving the endorsement of the whole idea, he is THE Boeing and McDD auto-flight control expert. He writes extensively upon the subject on the Bluecoat glass-cockpit technician's closed forum. He has many years in the field; in fact many more years than the autoland systems that he does the design accreditation of. Those systems are fail-safe and that is the key. Having the Robolander as a fall-back position would at least avoid the thousands of casualties (that will now grow exponentially because of the many years of war to come).

The religious wars of the 21st Century are going to go on for many decades and will despoil the earth and deprive my children of what might have otherwise been a quite joyous life. And what's more worrying, I am not at all convinced that, once a Jihad is called by the clerics, that Freedom and Democracy will prevail. We lack the mindless conviction of the other side and just may not make it through to "Last Man Standing".

My government has decided to invest in a significant number of Global Hawks. They only did that after looking at the warrantied failure probabilities. They are far lower than your chances of winning the national lottery.

The concept is described in detail at this URL