PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 14:17
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sam R: One version, one story, no changes at any stage. None.
This theme is important to me. Those, who among these pages, have presented factual information, seem to me to have been pretty well substantiated by supplementing and cross referenced information. It seems that with a super opportunity here, TCT has not appeared to directly address the accusations, though rather weaseled and smurged words, and blamed the media for getting things wrong. While "following the money", I'm also inclined to follow the story which remains consistent.

Only by keeping this 'live' on PPRuNe can 'we' go some way to protecting 'their' reputations.
Well, really, "we" are protecting "our" reputations, not just "theirs". We are the aviation professionals who stand proudly behind our accomplishments, and do not claim unearned accolades. The same way we would not accept a pilot making claims of unearned experience with bogus pilot log entries, we do not condone accepting unearned awards.

On each occasion when TCT stood holding a microphone, wine glass or award, she knew exactly what she was there for - adulation, earned or otherwise. If she were not standing at the head of the crowd, accepting the accolades, the media would not be reporting it!

A PPL has the right to distinguish themselves as a pilot in any way they would like - except flying for hire or reward. Honourable PPLs respect the privileges of CPLs. I wonder if TCT sees reward in what she has done and claimed. I wonder if TCT regards presenting her occupation as pilot conveying the notion that she earns a living by flying planes.

We pilots have the right to stand up and be heard in our disdain for those falsely claiming accolades. Well done to the LAA for listening to their members.

So far this thread has gone to an extraordinary length (120 pages)
Yeah, that's got to be monumental, I think that TCT is permanently engraved in the annals of PPRuNe, and not in a good way. As I have said, TCT has not murdered anyone, so a whole lot of apologizing and stepping back could begin to unwind this debacle from her side. IMHO, there is no unwinding or stepping back needed on the part of those who have revealed the truth.