PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Pilot Retention
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 14:17
mopardave

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Chugalug2.....agreed! My own experiences were that at a "local level" during my time in the TA and in the emergency services.....you bet your boots we cared. Both about each other and the job in hand. But the reality is none of us are indispensable and political expediency means that we were/are just part of the big sausage machine. My son was asked to reconsider his decision to leave the army that he loved.....he had much more to give and they (at "local level") knew it. He was also told, with the whole options for change situation, that he wasn't guaranteed a job in 12 months time! He asked my advice and I told "don't get bent out of shape son.....just go with your gut instinct etc, etc".......and with a heavy heart he hit the eject button. Sure, at unit level, they were disappointed........did the CDS loose any sleep......I doubt it! Grab the opportunities where you can.......then eject when your heart's no longer in it and don't be under any illusions. I really do suspect that the VSO in question was just issuing a little wake up call meant with no malice.

Last edited by mopardave; 30th Oct 2016 at 14:18. Reason: OCD!