PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 12:46
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STATS & Flybe

July stats out and Hainan figures seem really good (as our most eastbound), I am no expert with Manchester frequencies but it seems around 88% load factor.

However some of the US services are so bad I can't believe they are actually right for July. I know AA ORD was cancelled many times so that one needs adjusting and BREXIT of course. However most travel plans would have been made well before the vote and the trend downwards was there in previous months for some routes. The figures for PHL, ATL and EWR assume all flights operated which might not have been the case with east coast summer storms.

PHL -14% 9866, average 159 (below a 757) around 62% load factor in July?

Chicago 8854 -19% but that was directly due to cancellations

Newark 7906 (down 2%), average 128 or 75%

Washington 7414 (-12%)

Even Atlanta which was up 5% only 12623, average 204 - 77%

JFK was up 35% but I still make it below 80%

Miami, LAX & Boston were well above 80% (if twice weekly) and I didn't check Orlando.

Both BHX's NYC flights were poor but Glasgow and Belfast Newark were up and of course Newcastle but we know how that ended.

The other question is relating to Norwegian and are they serious around a long-haul base, if so I assume on the MAX or is it a short-haul 738 base? Long-haul would be an interesting choice if on the MAX as in reality it would be restricted to NYC, PHL, IAD, BOS in the US and at present it is not exactly short of capacity.

Flybe

Rotterdam one minute double daily until 11/11 then the next week 4 a week - what happened, was this planned? BHX is still planned double daily all winter but don't get me wrong I can't see that staying either at that crazy frequency all winter but such a dramatic change.

Pete