PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 07:49
B70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely, by now, it has become obvious to all that this entire issue is about a marketing campaign – a joint venture between (principally) Artemis Investments and Bird in a Biplane Ltd. From this exercise, the Bird gets all the attention that she craves, and the Artemis brand is highlighted every time the ‘Spirit of Artemis’ is mentioned. A marriage made in heaven – almost.

It doesn’t worry me that the media, along with many organisations and institutions have been taken in, nor would I be too concerned if there were another dodgy entry to the honours list, after all, bigger rascals have already trodden those boards. However, I do seriously hope that history records these flights as no more than a bold, imaginative publicity stunt.

The best outcome now would be for TC-T to disappear quietly into the background whilst those who have been fooled take a deep breath, look at one another and shake their heads. I don’t envisage any legal action because witnesses would be called to court where such niceties as client-confidentiality go out of the window. Further embarrassments could be revealed and neither the sponsors, nor any of the big-names involved, would want that.