PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA CLARC Incompetency
View Single Post
Old 30th Oct 2016, 02:30
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been fortunate with my few experiences in dealing with CLARC which have been rather straight forward, but I cringe when I hear the poor fellas who have had the run-around.

After 20 years in private industry I've recently become a public servant (not CASA), it's no job for life for me as I have to re-apply for my job every year unlike some people in the place who don't know how good they have have it. I was originally employed as a contractor to wear the risk of doing some critical upgrades to a number of important and publicly visible systems, which were done without drama, when that project finished a position was offered.

There are some really great people in the organisation who get things done sensibly and efficiently. There are also a number of boat anchors of which I've observed Australian Public Service HR policies seemingly designed to protect their boat anchor ways of... dragging the boat for no good reason.

God help you if a boat anchor is tasked to assist you, which is why I cringe. My advice when dealing with these organisations is to always get a name or reference number up front - either of which is the poison chalice for the boat anchor employee in the public service.

This should allow their teams to focus on their most productive employees and sideline the problem boat anchor to mundane duties like loading the photocopier with paper whilst on an executive salary.