PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA CLARC Incompetency
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2016, 21:29
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Watchdog
As another example of pathetic service from CLARC....a few years back I had to supply my new overseas employer with an emailed verification letter (basically a licence record printout ), filled in form, paid my $50 or so, waiting waiting ...over a month. Rang CLARC from O/S to explain I was sitting in a overseas hotel unpaid waiting for the email.....told "we have 35 days to supply it". Not even a expedited service I would have even been willing to pay for. Other guys on my course, UK CAA, and FAA had theirs provided, next or same day for no charge! GCAA 2 days, free.

CLARC cost me in excess of $12,000 USD in lost wages compared to my associates from other countries.

Pathetic!
Even better I recently had my CASA license go through the same hoops while I'm here in the US.

So yo be proactive I sent in both the FAA forms and the CASA form and paid their fee at the same time.

Got an email from CLARC saying that I have 14 days for the FAA to send through the request otherwise the fee would have to be paid AGAIN!

Fortunately the FAA is efficient and sent through the request the same day.

Just seems a little outrageous that they put a 14 day drop dead date on a fee, when you have no control over the FAA or any other county for that matter sending through their request.