PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I hate windows
Thread: I hate windows
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2016, 14:34
Background Noise

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike6567
Thanks. Sounds interesting. Will investigate next time at the local apple store.
Mike

Next day: I must get out more. I understand Microsoft Office is available to put in the apple machine. I haven't tried it yet but am assured by the apple people I will be able to use all my past MS Office stuff.
Mike
No real need to visit an Apple store, everything is available online. I use MS Office for Mac via Office 365. Rather than a one-off purchase of this year's software, which will go out of date, it is an annual subscription which means you can always have the latest version installed. It also gives you up to 5 installs (windows or Mac) - so desktop, laptop, other family members etc - as well as 5 (I think) additional installs of the tablet version on iPad etc. I have Mac versions on iMac, macbook, partner's macbook, daughter's macbook and a windows version running on a bootcamp partition on the iMac - plus we have some of the products on various iPads.

Also worth trying the Apple office products, Pages, Numbers etc, to see whether all of the features of your old files are compatible - in which case you have a free option too.