PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 29th Oct 2016, 10:35
pilotmike

Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts
"He [Mr Gritsch] added: “If I wanted to fly a vintage aeroplane, I have five at home.”

Explain to us how you can fly five at once?
I don't think that was his point; more likely his comment is referring to only having five left instead of six after that miraculously quick 'rebuild' of the Wreck of Artifice. Or did he really manage to rebuild that complete wreck in impossibly short time?

Would Mr Gritsch care to visit these pages to enlighten an appreciative audience that would love to learn from a master how such meticulous work can be done so unbelievably fast? I am copying India Four Two's post of 14th July to illustrate the point I am making:
Quote:
In UK, US and AUS, that I know of, you can effectively "restore" something around the maker's plate and have it certified as the original aircraft.
Also in Canada. Many Beavers are apparently "name plate" restorations

Quote:
... the open cockpit vintage biplane was containerised and shipped to Hungary where a remarkably efficient and speedy rebuild was completed.In less than six weeks the Spirit of Artifice is back in the air (8/7/16) and turns up at Farnborough on the 12/7/2016.
It can't have been a very difficult rebuild.
Ewald has "suitable spares"

If you thought you had double vision seeing two pilots where we were promised there was just a solo pilot, check your vision again with this!

Last edited by pilotmike; 29th Oct 2016 at 11:05.