PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudia
Thread: Saudia
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2016, 21:46
metro301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vamy, I agree with most of what you have said except for making grievances known with pen and paper. I have been watching this forum as well as several of the internal pilot chat groups. Hysterical may have been a strong word, but I do see a lot of uninformed posts and lots of guess work from the pilot group.

Unfortunately, losing pilots or failing to attract new pilots will be the only message that is actually heard.

Fact of life at Saudia, when it comes to expats, the squeaky wheel doesn't get the oil. It tends to get the hammer. If grievances are brought up in a respectful and professional manner they may get some attention. Most of the time grievances are not brought up within the culturally excepted norms.

Another fact is that Saudia needs to pay a premium to attract qualified pilots to live where they live, Jeddah is a fine place to live but it is not Dubai or Saigon. We can all agree that recruiting is difficult enough as it is for SVA, reducing the contract package will effectively dry up any pool of qualified applicants.

When airplanes are sitting idle for a lack of pilots, the salary reductions will be reversed and then increased. Yes, there are financial pressures on the country as a whole; however, in this global employment market, if you don't pay the cash, the qualified individuals will simply move to a more favourable contract. No one is here under duress, and this is not Europe or N.America were collective bargaining is an established practice.

Just my 2 cents.....