PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2016, 10:40
ExRAFRadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for quoting such long text but given all this support I'm sure I could have done the flight 'Solo'. Dont have a PPL but I seem to do OK on Flight Sim and did get a few jollies in the Chinook.
From here : Tracey Curtis Taylor - Aviatrix, Adventurer, Inspirational Speaker

Firstly, I would like to pay particular tribute to my crew: Ewald Gritsch, whose company 3G Classic Aviation not only restored the Stearman, but who has worked tirelessly to provide full technical support of the flight. It wouldn't have been possible without him.

My huge thanks to our crew for their dedication and endless goodwill - chase plane pilot, Markus Loeschenkohl, and cameraman, Matthew Wainwright.

To Tim Kelly, who has done a masterful job managing the expedition media and communications; Mike Grey of White Rose Aviation for his fantastic service and support with all of our flight permissions and clearances along the route; and to Christian Schopf and his team from Fly to Sky for providing our support plane, the wonderful Pilatus Porter.

Most significantly, my heartfelt thanks to my principal sponsors, Boeing and Artemis Investment Management for giving me the wings to fly Africa and around the world to Australia; with further support from ExecuJet, GIC Re of India, KM Dastur, Singapore Airlines, the Taj Hotel Group, Jeppesen, Livewire Digital, Cobham, Inmarsat, Pol Roger and our media partner, the Mail on Sunday. A special thank you to all the British Embassies, High Commissions and GREAT Campaign teams around the world who have supported us throughout the flight. And this flight would not have happened without the unparalleled support of HRH Prince Michael of Kent, Judy and Hugh Chilvers (Amy’s family), Michael Loveridge, Sir John Rose, Mustafa Koc, Ho Ching, Derrick Gunning and Dame Diana Rigg.

There have been so many fantastic supporters behind this project over the last 12 months, so I would also like to thank a number of people: the Royal Navy (and especially First Sea Lord Admiral Sir George Zambellas), the Royal Air Force (especially Chief of the Air Staff Sir Andrew Pulford and RAF No1 Squadron), the Royal Navy & Royal Marines charity, the BWPA, IAWA and AWPA, RAF Akrotiri, Bryn & Craig, the RAF Meteorological Service (who have provided us with weather reports for most of the route), the Israeli Civil Aviation Authorities, Libby Bahat and ‘Avner the Ace’, Avi Barber, Prince Hamzah and Princess Basma of Jordon, SkyDive Jordan, Sultan Prince Salman of Saudi Arabia, Princess Reema Bint Bandar Al Saud, the Pakistan Air Force and Princely Jets along with Ghouse Akbar, Engro Corp and Habib Bank, Prince Nikolaos of Greece, the Indian Air Force and the Royal Australian Air Force and Professional Helicopter Services at Uluru.

Thanks also to TAG Farnborough Airport and Graham Williamson, Rob and Chrissie Millinship, Graham Talkes and Nadia, Lynne Custance and Nick Adams, Mark Brandis and the Libertine team, David Freeman and Tom Chandler, Lee Brady and Diamond Jet Detailing in Dubai