PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2016, 08:58
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
That statement of thanks also mentions the Mail on Sunday as a media partner.

TCT has claimed that she has no control over what the press have written, basically they, and we, have misunderstood. So why is it that in January 2016, after she had completed the UK to Sydney jollybobs, were her media partner STILL reporting her as an "intrepid solo pilot"? At the very least I would have expected not to see the word solo; at best, some acknowledgement that she was "not alone", "not on her own" or "not solo".

Tracey Curtis-Taylor lands down in Sydney after 93 day biplane flight | Daily Mail Online

TCT et al: The story that is spun just does not stack up to the slightest scrutiny.
To give you the benefit of doubt it may be difficult to get published articles corrected but it certainly is not impossible. Where we have sought clarification from various newspapers we have e-mailed and received very prompt replies. Copies of these e-mails are available.
Show us where YOU or YOUR TEAM made any attempt to correct the errors. I don't mean since that statement on the website in June that waffles about the SOLE pilot rubbish, I mean from far earlier in the Cape to Goodwood flight.
My gut instinct tells me that NO such attempts have been made.
I would pay a lot of money to see Claude Littner (off the Apprentice TV show) go through your CV: now that would be a programme worth watching.