PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Oct 2016, 04:35
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rancidrabbit

Having read most of the stuff on here please could I save you all a lot of further anger and upset and try to summarise the position?

1. she originally intended to fly solo but due to outside circumstances had to change her mind
2. some lazy journalists erroneously used the 's' word
Don't blame the messenger - journalists used the 's' word because her and/or her team continued to use the "s" word, or "alone".

3. she has sought to correct this at every opportunity
No she doesn't - listen carefully to many of the radio interviews mentioned earlier in the thread. Have a look at the wording on the certificate she was presented with on arriving in Sydney...did she protest she wasn't solo and hand it back?

4. she was awarded a badge and wears it on her flying suit

If by that you are referring to her military flying badge would you care to tell us why she was awarded such badge and who awarded it to her...or did she just think it looked good and stuck it on her flight suit without a second thought? I appreciate if you are not an aviator you may find it hard to understand but to many wearing that brevet when not entitled is regarded as a much bigger sin than embellishing a CV. A bit of research will show you such badges are only awarded to individuals at the conclusion of several long and arduous military flying training courses. T CT has frequently makes a point of saying she couldn't join the military so the question remains - why is she wearing said badge?

9. she's upset a bloke called Sam
Can't speak for Sam, but Tracey has annoyed lots of professional aviators, both men and women.....and many of the latter probably do a better job of inspiring women every time they go to work and walk through the terminal/aircraft cabin or talk on the PA than Tracey does at one of her road shows.

er, that's it! Easy isn't it?
Yes it was, I hope you'll find responding to those points honestly just as easy.

Last edited by wiggy; 28th Oct 2016 at 05:55.