PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 - little things.
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2016, 16:38
Andy_S

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
Not a fan of any manufacture in particular though do have preferred airlines.
I would whole heartedly endorse that.

I honestly don’t have a problem with the A380. I’ve not flown it many times, but those times I have (economy class only) were perfectly satisfactory journeys. Whether that was down to the A380 itself or Singapore Airlines in flight service I really couldn’t say.

I’m just alternately amused and riled by the wide eyed breathless prose written by some in praise of the aircraft, as if the A380 was some sort of palace in the sky offering a fundamental step change in the air travel experience. Claims by some here that they’ll go to almost any lengths, pay any premium or travel any routing, no matter how inconvenient, in order to fly on a 380 I find somewhat bizarre. Well, fair enough if you really like the aircraft that much. But I do think a lot of it is in the mind. If you’ve convinced yourself that the A380 is the last word in passenger comfort then you’ll probably feel like it was a good flight. Equally, if you’ve convinced yourself that the same journey in a 777 is going to be a vile experience then it will be; you’ll actively find things to disapprove of.

I think some people get very fixated on aircraft type. At the end of the day they are all still aircraft, and somewhat less comfortable than your own front room. If everything else was equal I would probably pick a 380 over a 777, but things are rarely equal. Cost, timing and airline are all more important to me than equipment type.