PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2016, 13:34
Art E. Fischler-Reisen

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I sincerely hope Officers of the Guild read these pages and advise their Master of the huge damage this award would make to their reputation as a reliable, impartial and above all an honest organisation not only among the public, but especially amongst pilots themselves. The very last thing the Guild needs is to be cast into disrepute amongst it's very bedrock, the average working pilots.
Be in no doubt, this has been done (see further back in the thread). However, you will note that there is no mention of the word solo in the citation.

As another member of HCAP (with almost forty years of aviation as a professional military and civilian pilot and many times more hours than the "highly experienced" Ms. T C-T) I personally feel the award should not have been made, for what is in effect just another "reality" TV show. The "artistic license" in the anecdotes used by Ms. T C-T do not convince me that she flew this a professional manner and two fairly major accidents to the aircraft where she was "sole pilot" cannot be ignored, especially as the first was entirely avoidable, or should have been.

However, the "rank and file" of HCAP do not get to vote on issues regarding The Master's Award; it is what it says on the tin.