PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applying for jobs after being through an accident
Old 27th Oct 2016, 12:39
Andyan91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applying for jobs after being through an accident

Hi

I have a question for those who know someone or have been in accidents themselves and have applied for a job. Has being through an accident effected you from not getting a job? Or do people know if it is like a deal breaker for airliners when they are hiring pilots?

In my situation, i was involved in an accident early this year in January. I was sitting left seat together with my instructor and another student in the back, when the instructor decided to show us a manoeuvre that did not go as planned. In short, it resulted in a spin and a crash. Luckily we all survived with minor to severe levels of injuries, me being the worst injured. I ended up with 4 operations, 1 1/2 month in the hospital and 3 months at a rehab centre, followed by 6 months physiotherapy. Today I'm pretty much fully recovered and I'm already back up flying and applying for jobs. However, i am a bit worried that the accident will effect my chances of getting a job. Obviously i would be completely honest about the accident when asked if interviewed. Any inputs would be great or if there is already a similar thread please let me know!
Thanks