PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Cadet
Thread: R44 Cadet
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2016, 11:36
CRAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cadet - Too Expensive

It's a very simple problem; it's too expensive and too close in price to a new raven 1 or a newly rebuilt raven 1 or 2. In this context why would you buy one?

It's price seems to have been set to compete with the cabri, but the cabri itself is ridiculously expensive. Great product, but designed with scant regard for cost.

Robinson gets a great price on its engines from lycoming and the airframes are inexpensive to manufacture, they can afford to make this machine much cheaper.

If they price it at $250K they will sell at least 200 units per year and hurt cabri production.

It seems to that since the 2007 crash Robinson production (and others) has never really recovered. My view is that their annual above inflation price increases have finally pushed their products out of reach of the customer demographic that the business was built on.

When the R22 was introduced it cost less (in relative terms) than I paid for my Range Rover....

Come on Kurt, price it intelligently and you can have an order for serial number 30012 tomorrow!