PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disaster after putting an SSD into my Lenovo
Old 27th Oct 2016, 09:44
Guest 112233

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Rivits

Some of us have very frought relationship with Digital Media and its underlying and sometimes mysterious engineering. I accedently dropped a USB Drive (La Cie) 160 GB Sata yesterday; while attaching to a pair of elastic bands to a pair of Fans linked in tandom, to extract the heat from my homemade 2008 vintage linux box. The memory controller undges 75 C when I'm playing Cube 2 (Saurbraten)

Crystal Disk shows a caution msg: The re allocated sector count has exceeded the SMART threshold. Unsuprisingly !!!!!

I'm trying to copy the data from it to the Vostro as I type this.

I think that we are both going through a process of rational thought that is gradually becoming history and finding that MS; is gradually locking copies of its current operating Sys to a closed family of processors and individual PC's.

An organisation commercially exploiting its near monopoly in a restricted market.

I suspect that you may need to update your Win 10 Operating Sys, immeadiately after installation. If the Wi Fi allows. This can be a long process.

CAT III

(A fellow pilgram in the digital wilderness of Microsoft Operating Systems - Always have a fire extinguisher to hand.)