PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2016, 03:24
Boltyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long story short - I had a RAAF pilot offer signed and ready to start June last year but was made Class 4 from avmed due to laser eye surgery. Appealed and lost. Granted a waiver about two months ago. Had to resit additional testing and my Assessment Day last week as they had all expired. Booked in to redo all the medicals as well (dentist/opthalmologist/bloods). Good news is FSP CO confirmed after my Assessment Day I won't have to resit Flight screening or the OSB and file will go straight back into job pool hopefully for another offer.
So moral of my story is - I spoke to FSP this morning - was advised job offers won't be sent out (for RAAF at least) until the final DEO screenings are complete and have been graded. They indicated early December for this. The CO who approved me not having to resit OSB and screening is the same person who determines the offers that are made (for RAAF) so hopefully fairly accurate.
Although that being said - My initial offer for RAAF pilot was received in October 2014 for a start in June 2015.