PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA CFI and future plans
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2016, 23:00
georgebramb1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FAA CFI and future plans

Hello everyone here a Commercial Pilot asking for opinions and experiences,I recently got my FAA CPL SE and ME with IR in Florida,just got back to Italy for a vacation with the family my plan now would be this:

Pelican Flight training situated in Miami Florida would provide me training as a CFI (plus CFII and MEI) price listed around 21k...then hire me as a flight instructor (with a F1 visa) for 1 to 2 years maximum,that would lead me to gain my 1500 hours of experience and be more likely to be chosen by airlines around the world,and alsomy plan is not really to go back to Europe (would love to work in asia or middle east if possible) since i have heard my EU fellas are straggling with wages (ridiculous wages of 1000$ a month clear slavery) after spending 150k+ on a B737 Type and etc. then convert maybe into a Easa licence...or directly get an ATP from the FAA since i already have US licenses..

what would you guys do? would you spend some more extra money on a CFI++ training and build hours starting from the bottom as flight instructor with my FAA licenses or stay in europe convert all my licenses into EASA (also a pain since have to pass the 14 exams of the atpl and convert all of my licenses and ratings) and then try to get into the aviation business here in europe (really low at the moment from what i have seen) PRO and CONS? anybody with similar experience? every opinion is gold thank you guys!