PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2016, 15:21
deefer dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you ever have trouble sleeping and have a strong desire to you really should listen to TCT in the following interview which was recorded by the BBC.

BBC Radio 4 - Saturday Live, Former Spice Girl Mel C and aviator Tracey Curtis Taylor

It all kicks off at 42:35 when TCT is introduced along with the other studio guest Mel C.

At 47:10 mins she explains that the ATC controller at Entebbe didn't know his left from his right...later TCT acknowledges the compliment paid to her for her bravery with a modest "thank you"...and then soon after she responds to questions about the incredible danger she faced in Egypt. (This really is making listening).

At 52:25 mins our poor girl explains that she couldn't even join the ATC (cadets)...."I've paid for all of my flying whereas my contemporaries have had it all paid for by the taxpayer." She continues with how she was "trained by military pilots," and then at 54:00 she fails to correct the interviewer when he states that she was "alone in the skies with Africa spread out beneath you."

I'd chucked up too many times before I got to the end...someone else will have to do it.

PS. Lying by omission: Also known as a continuing misrepresentation, a lie by omission occurs when an important fact is left out in order to foster a misconception. Lying by omission includes failures to correct pre-existing misconceptions.