PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disaster after putting an SSD into my Lenovo
Old 26th Oct 2016, 00:09
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Do you recall what happens if we buy a full copy? i.e., will it still be torn from us if things fail - or does that only happen when it's an OEM version?

It is possible my conversation with that dealer was in the W7 era. Or of course, he could have been wrong - though he's been a pal for years helping with odds.

I've swapped to W10 on everything but one laptop now. All upgrades.

I have to say, when I go back to W7, there are things I miss but it occurs to me that if I'd not had them, I wouldn't miss them.

Anyway, I did rush to get the W10 on that SSD in the last hours Central Time! Kind of cutting it fine in the UK. Trouble is, I can't remember what I got the upgrade on which although I said 'scrapped' with me that means in its original box in the attic.

Anyway again, I sound reasonably calm as the computer set about doing a total reinstall with updates. I selected keeping my files but I see FireFox has gone. No surprise there. Also, the Nvidia drivers App is in the list of things they've removed. Funny kind of 'keeping your files/Apps'

So, it would seem that the system just registered a fault and didn't try to punish me with the destruction of my system. Or is it too early to count my chickens?