PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Nick Lappos - Blade Stall
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 21:37
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dc/da
"From that I could determine how far the aircraft had traveled in the last second before the impact."
How? By measuring the distance of the background adjacent to the tail at the begining of the last second to the position of the background adjacent to the tail against the at the end of the last second, measured as a proportion of the distance between the pylons and then applying your scale factor? If so that doesn't work because the background distance is not all at the same distance as the pylons (by a large factor), and if not how? It is very sensitive to the duration of 1 second, how did you acheive that? I did it by looping the video and timing 10runs and dividing by 10. My method is independant of the scale or distance of the backgroud, the distance unit is the Apache length at the distance of the apache. If you measure a boat travelling by seeing how many 'apparent boat lengths' it moved and multiplied by the length of the boat, you'd have found how far the boat moved, if you time it acurately you've got the speed. Did you acount for different scale horizontally to vertically? Do you know what a pitchup rate of 20deg/s feels like?

crab
its a hypothesis, based on the maths (algebra) above, on the basis of which anyone could go and measure this and discover that it is supported in reality. Just because we don't have the data doesn't mean the hypothesis is wrong.
If I hypothesised that hydraulic pressure of 1500psi would exert a force of 1500lbs on a 1in area ram and twice that for a 2in area ram, it would be a reasonable hypothesis.. Do you think what I have said makes sense as a hypothesis. Do you understand what I am trying to say, how would data help?
Do you accept that Ca=Lift/Cf ?
re Prouty
no comment