View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 18:04
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab
"I am actually interested AnFi"
i wish you were, if you are you have a strange way of going about it

ok then
re coning 'maths exam', it's only arithmetic (and it's not exact but it uses accepted approximations, like arctan(a/b) = a/b for small angles)

The relevant arithmetic is
c=a/b
so if a doubles then c doubles
if b halves then c also doubles
if a and b both double then c STAYS THE SAME

which questions do you think I havn't answered?
(mostly many times in many ways, and then I get criticised for when I try to patiently explain answers, you can see the discussion does some good, (African!), and even if just to get people thinking it through)

why don't you see what the point is and take it from there? most people think its about Ca getting bigger when the RRPM goes down, but surprisingly it gets bigger because the Cl has gone up! Clmax being the useful limit and the point where UCA will be acheived regardless of RRPM.

dc/da
"Please quote your source of the data so we can peer review. As you say, facts are facts. "
as I say I measured 5.25 a/c lengths in the arc that took 2seconds, using aircraft length 58ft
That has error bars on it too, I'd say 10%, so it's definately not 45kts, try it on a calculator or try the measurment yourself.
How big are YOUR error bars? 80% would be unreasonable!! and anyway this isn't about the Greek Helicopter !!
and
you say "max lift is at the "ultimate coning angle" and this value is self-limiting. Therefore the pilot is free to request as much collective as they wish,"
Not really, because you are muddying the water (like the Apache did!) with running into the engine limit to deliver the energy required. When Clmax is hit and so UCA reached the energy consumption rate goes up, if you are able to fund this with Potential Energy and Kinetic Energy then you'll just sit at UCA/CLmax, while you can continue to do it. So in a sense it is self limiting to a degree, discovering this limit is when the pilot realises that his increased pitchup rate does not give more TRT for increased energy input, it just funds an increased Cd . If you have less Cl then you have less coning too, so coning will only ever get to where Clmax takes it. (until you've properly stalled the blades, some way down the road, then they'll probably come off)
(you could go to a higher RRPM, and that would increase the rotor's capacity to make more TRT, if used it would make more g but it would still get stop at UCA, as it would for a lower RRPM at a lower g still at UCA)

Do the 'coning exam' please