PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 14:50
toptrumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well well well whats been going on here then? Not a lot by the looks of things and not a lot for the future of aviation at Manston. An American property hedge fund wanting to DCO an airport, a hedge fund with all of about $10m US in an account backed up with promises of hundreds of millions from other investors but nothing in writing from these so called capitol rich people to back it up.

Sounds like someone taking a punt to me, especially as the great and mighty ex director of Planestation Mr take the cash and run Tony Freudmann is involved.

Talk of Manston taking up the slack of flights whilst the new London runway is being built. Not as easy as that, although I'm sure Dr Webber with absolutely no aviation expertise knows better.

An amazing promise of 10000 cargo flights a year as a business plan, , no chance unless the US firm has a super dooper magic wand up their arse. They will have to make do with the same cargo throughput as before with the odd Ad-Hoc charter. Passengers is a no go, just look at the previous attempts. If anyone tries to convince me that KLM was a great achievement don't bother. PAX loads of 15 - 40% with the odd 70% load factor during school holidays and weekends don't cut it. KLM were in it for the cheap ride Manston were giving them as is with most airlines operating from MSE, if you dangle the carrot some sucker will take it.

A shame but a dead duck.