PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 13:22
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bunch of self righteous hasbeens who've done nothing in your lives in your mummies spare rooms spewing out your invective and abuse
Oh dear.... Oh well, at least we know that people who hold a view supporting TCT, are at least aware of the concern being expressed for integrity in being a pilot!

Having read absolutely every post in this thread, I observe that the theme of the thread has been reactive, rather than proactive. No one has "gone after" TCT for something she might have done, but rather called up ample evidence of deception and misinformation she had repeatedly done, and allowed to remain, long after doubt was raised.

I suspect that moderation has played a role in this thread avoiding being abusive, rather regulating it to be factual only. The evidence of statements and accusations made in this thread, is also easily found in the thread.

TCT has had ample opportunity and incentive to clear up misunderstanding, and make retractions, and it appears that there has been some very weak effort at this (so she knows she should). However, for what I have seen as objective, very multi sourced information, TCT has never really said "I did the wrong thing, and I apologize". Instead, there seems to be a smearing of terminology which could be seen as an attempt to allow an altered understanding among the less informed.

We pilots know what "solo" means, there is no doubt. We pilots know the honour of proudly wearing wings one has earned - and honouring other achievers by not wearing wings nor a uniform that you have not. A person is included well in a larger group, if they do not attempt to unfairly include themselves in a smaller group undeservingly. Those of us with integrity do not accept awards which are blatantly issued on the basis of untruthful information - we quietly decline and return them for correction.

In context, TCT has not murdered anyone, and does not deserve a span of jail time for her misleading. But rather the frequent high energy outreach based on multiple layers of deception sends a horrible message to those impressionable people new to aviation, that deceiving and misleading your way up is okay to do! No, it is not!

If TCT were a pilot under my charge, I would have prevented her public presence of "outreach" long ago. A chopped up R44, a wrecked Stearman, both needless waste of aircraft. Thank goodness her engine was okay the first time, but she did it in the second! This kind of cavalier attitude toward piloting is not what we want to appear in outreach for piloting! Low flying, busting airspace, poor planning about fuel and routing are the very things we good pilots try our best to avoid, and certainly do not embellish and publicize!

In my opinion as a four decades pilot, TCT does not and should not be representing piloting, and reaching out, with her current display of skill and integrity. If she would take a step back and withdraw her blurred assertions, perhaps we proud pilots could also take a step back. But, society does not allow an offender to continue to offend, while blurring the offense with ongoing shifting, just because of the offender's proposed altruistic objectives, or gender! An offense is an offense, and I am offended that TCT wants the public, and pilots to be, to think that the way she commits aviation is the way to go. It is not!