PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 11:33
B70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I recall a fairly short interview with TC-T on Australian radio in early January 2016; I think it was after she had landed in Sydney. I was listening very closely because I had noted that everyone seemed to be under the impression that it was a ‘solo’ flight whilst all the photos and videos showed 2 persons in the ‘plane. I hadn’t noticed any ‘passenger’ other than Ewald. I wish that I had a link to a recording or a transcript of that interview.

The interview went something like thus:

Presenter (in a preamble): This morning, we have with us the British aviatrix TC-T who has just completed a solo flight of 23, 000(?) miles from England to Sydney in 19(?) days ……. Good morning, Tracey, and congratulations………

TC-T: Ah – I must, first of all, correct you on that …………

[I listened intently]

TC-T: The flight took considerably more than 19(?) days, it took just over 3 months. I was stopping off ………….. and then there followed the usual tosh about outreach, inspiration etc.

I noted that there was absolutely NO attempt to correct the ‘solo’ statement in the presenter’s preamble.

I wonder if it is possible to get that recording – after all, Aussies have a reputation for taking a dim view of BSers!