PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 07:39
clareprop

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I have to say I was quite surprised at the BBC reports. The website was particularly direct in calling her 'a liar'.

Possibly setting up their stall before the inevitable questions are asked about why they screened a documentary about her flying solo?

I think it's all over bar the shouting anyway. Checking this morning, the Times has it on their site now. Every report I've seen has her protesting she was 'always' the 'sole' pilot but then there is a clip or copy report under the article showing her accepting solo status. It comes down to the fact that anyone who read those articles at the time (or indeed, the people who wrote them) wouldn't have even considered that she wasn't flying solo - especially as her website at the time claimed she was doing so.

As far as the Wikipedia site is concerned, I don't think a two-line 'Controversy' section is valid anymore. It isn't controversy, it's the fact that she and her team pulled the wool over the eyes of the public and the media and that is fast becoming a bigger issue than her flights.

Last edited by clareprop; 25th Oct 2016 at 08:00.