PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swing the lamp, pull up a sandbag.
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2016, 01:34
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigeria did have to be reckoned with. The locals were funny that way, not liking being treated like the dirt under one's boots.

A hangar party for the locals was cancelled in Lagos on cost-saving grounds. Next morning, all the fire extinguishers were gone from the hangar, when nobody had seen nothing! (I was told that story when I asked why there were those cages made of re-bar around all the fire extinguishers.)

I was once offered an almost-new laptop in Warri, when I wondered who was selling one of those, and why.

It seems that some lucky fellow expat, a new arrival, had met the girl of his dreams in Auntie's Kitchen: young, black, beautiful, and willing, very willing, so that some sort of deal was struck. Maybe it was love, maybe it was money, but anyway, off to a love nest they went.

No sooner had Mr. Lucky got his pants off there than the door flew open with a crash to reveal the forces of law and order, appearing by some lucky coincidence to save the virtue of a shy 15 year-old Nigerian virgin! So the expat was gone in a hurry, leaving some stuff behind, such as five thousand quid for the Police Benevolent Fund ... and an almost-new laptop.