PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 457 visa FOs started at QantasLink
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2016, 22:03
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotchute
I can't speak for people who have been hired on the E3 visa previous to now but from a conversion I had this week from a recruiter the situation is now this.

"We will not attempt to sponsor anyone who does not already hold an FAA ATP and a bachelor degree/significant previous experience. To try and get a E3 visa for someone who doesn't already have these prerequisites is incredibly difficult".
Pilotchute, I wonder whether the recruiter you spoke to has had any experience in recruiting someone on the E3 visa? This is a quote is from the US government website for applying the E3 visa.

Do I need a license for a specialty occupation?
An E-3 applicant must meet academic and occupational requirements, including licensure in Australia where appropriate. In certain cases where a U.S. license or other official permission is required to perform the duties described in the visa application, but such permission or license is not available prior to entry into the United States, the applicant must show that he or she will obtain such licensure within a reasonable period of time following admission to the United States.
Have a read of it yourself.Apply for a U.S. Visa | Treaty Traders and Treaty Investors Visas - Australia (English)