PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indyref 2 and UK/Scottish Defence
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2016, 15:24
NutLoose

Received 2,920 Likes on 1,249 Posts
As I believe a referendum can only be held if Parliament sanction it, as happened the last time, she is as per usual is just blowing hot air.
It is simply a ploy to prevent the electorate at home waking up to the fact that the SNP neither have a strategy nor a plan to take the country forward when they realise the fact that dwindling revenues from oil have made Scotland more than ever dependant on the rest of the UK.

The biggest error they ever made was publishing independent results, it was a Country Vote, NOT a Scottish Vote, NOT a Welsh Vote, NOT a vote by individual cities and towns, but a Country wide Vote and as it is democracy in action they need to recognise that simple and plain truth.

You simply cannot say that the votes were cast to reflect individual Countries within the Union, because as a Country wide vote, you cannot rule out that individuals may have or may not have voted tactically to embarrass and bring down the Conservative party in power, irrespective of the result, or for any other reason..

Either way if the UK leaves the EU as we are going to, Scotland will be out too, regardless of if they get independence, Spain etc has made that very clear. So they would be a state with dwindling resources in a position far worse than if they remain and cut off from UK support and funding.. Personally I would give them the opportunity to vote, but on what?? Leave the British Union? because they are coming out of the EU anyway, as that has already been decided by the EU.

There is a difference, one wonders if the Scottish vote to leave UK PLC will be different this time as they realise that without the EU the only other realistic alliance they might have would be with the UK, and I cannot see the UK wanting to support Scotland as an independent Country.

Last edited by NutLoose; 24th Oct 2016 at 15:40.